This is Saxon, our energetic little man who was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis when he was a week old. We gathered together many friends and family members and created Strides for Sax. Our mission is to raise money and create awareness for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to find a cure for cf. This is all about Sax and our team's efforts for the cause. As of the creation of this blog, Saxon is 21 months old, has been hospitalized several times for pneumonia, and had undergone 3 surgeries since his first birthday.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Weighing In and Weighing Up

It was a good weigh in for Sax on Sept 28th, and I'm expecting another good one this Wed too.  He was up to 14.6 kg.  The Prilosec seems to really be working well!  Yay - making some progress!!  We also just got his PediaSure and DuoCal refilled, and this time they gave us the PediaSure 1.5, which means we get 50% more calories per can before adding the DuoCal.  That should really help too!!

Daddy and I went out last Saturday to celebrate his birthday.  We were only gone a few hours and the kids were home with a sitter.  Just as we were packing up our leftovers, the sitter called to say that Sax was sick and throwing up all over :(  We hurried home.  He was still on antibiotics, so I was surprised when we got home and he had a fever.  He threw up again after we got home.  The sitter stayed with Raine while Scot and I took Sax up to the Emergency Room, since Urgent Care was already closed.

While we were in the Emergency Room, Sax threw up again.  The doctors checked him over and didn't really find anything.  They figured it was just a stomach virus.  They gave him a dissolvable tablet to stop the nausea, with another one to take home with us and a prescription for more if we needed it.

When we got home, the sitter's mom came to pick her up since she was out and about anyway - and it was still before 10.  Sax and Daddy curled up together in Daddy's chair and ended up crashing there for a couple hours.  Raine and I watched some stuff on Nick for a while, and I ended up falling asleep in the recliner.  He seemed fine the next day, but was mad at me since I wouldn't let him go to Sunday school.

The little man has been testing his limits lately, which is getting really frustrating for me.  Daddy has been working on Saturdays now since my doctor appointments are moving to a weekly basis.  The boss said he could go to my appointments as long as he makes up the time.  It gets frustrating at times because the kids seem to listen to him better than me.  Maybe it's just because they spend so much time with me.  Who knows.  They're both napping right now, so I'm going to enjoy the quiet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment