This is Saxon, our energetic little man who was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis when he was a week old. We gathered together many friends and family members and created Strides for Sax. Our mission is to raise money and create awareness for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to find a cure for cf. This is all about Sax and our team's efforts for the cause. As of the creation of this blog, Saxon is 21 months old, has been hospitalized several times for pneumonia, and had undergone 3 surgeries since his first birthday.



Thursday, July 1, 2010

Ba-wooons

I suppose it's a bit overdue.... Had to take Saxon to Urgent Care today.  But I'm really not complaining about it!! It's been a while since we've had to go!!  A few days ago, I noticed a weird lump in the right side of his neck... yes IN it.  It's only visible from the outside when he turns his head certain ways.  I told Scot about it and figured we'd just watch it for a few days.  Either it would get bigger, get smaller, or stay the same... hahaha... Duh, right!!  Well, it hasn't gotten smaller.  But it hasn't gotten bigger either.... so as a precautionary measure, I decided we'd better get it checked.  With the kind of luck we've been having, who knows, right? 

At least it was a quick in and out appointment with satisfactory results.  Saxon seems to be very sensitive to mosquito bites and gets large red swollen bumps around them.  Well, the lumps are just his lymph nodes. As the doctor explained it, when mosquitoes bite you, it lets kind of a virus into your body. and your lymph nodes trigger a response for your body to attack the virus.  When your lymph nodes do this, they become inflamed.  In most people this isn't noticeable.  Because he's so little and his body is fighting so hard, his is a little more noticeable.  I was told the famous words always given to CF moms - wait and see what happens.  I so hate hearing that, but there are so many times that TIME is the only cure....  I need to watch for the area of his nodes becoming sensitive, red, or larger.  Generally speaking, the swelling should go down in about 2-3 weeks.....  I'm being sure to note that so when they ask when he was last in, I can tell them definitively.  Especially with me not working outside the home, I sometimes have a tendency to lose track of the date or day of the week!! 

But I could not forget what today was....

It was the day that Conner was laid to rest....

Ba-wooons, as my little Scrappyman would say.  He surprised me today.  We purchased 15 red balloons - hearts, stars, I Love You's with red roses.... all to release for Conner.



We were paying our respects to his family in WA from here in MN.

We read a couple poems.... we shared a prayer......


It was almost as though Saxon understood what we were doing. 

Like he knew why we were there. 

And he didn't argue.



He released his balloon as we did... and just watched it drift away....









Breathe Easy Conner....

Fly high on your angel wings.... and may you hear our prayers in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment