This is Saxon, our energetic little man who was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis when he was a week old. We gathered together many friends and family members and created Strides for Sax. Our mission is to raise money and create awareness for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to find a cure for cf. This is all about Sax and our team's efforts for the cause. As of the creation of this blog, Saxon is 21 months old, has been hospitalized several times for pneumonia, and had undergone 3 surgeries since his first birthday.



Friday, June 25, 2010

Flash Me Friday

So I totally know it's Flash Me Friday, and I've been a bit behind.  So I'm doing 3 flashes today!! :-)

So here's the Saxmobile!!  My 97 Chevy Malibu.  Yes, it STILL says Strides For Sax!!! on the back from Great Strides in the beginning of May.  Yes, I know it's almost July.  But ya know what?? It makes the car a LOT easier to FIND my car in the parking lots!!! hahaha!! 








Sorry, you're NOT going to get to see much of the inside... it's a pit....haha.  But I love my car - my hubby bought it for me for my birthday when I was pregnant with Saxon.  It was getting a little too hard to get in and out of my 2-door Neon being huge and prego!!  Plus, 4 doors are just so much more convenient with the 2 kids.  I was going to post pictures of the other 2 vehicles, but Sax spends most of his time with me in the 'bu.

So, the next Flash I missed - is looking through the front entry-way.  We don't use our front door, so the view from the front entryway isn't the best.


Inside the playpen, what do we see???



It's my little Scrappy man napping with his bears!!

And now onto THIS WEEK's Flash - Where do I kick my feet up?  Well, here it is... very specifically, MY recliner!!!  My computer is within grasp, my file box is my side table with all my most important papers and, of course, my phone.  I have my own little corner to hide in.



So here are my flashes!!  Feel free to join in with your own flashes!!

Now down to business!!  Saxon had a GI appt with Dr E on Wednesday.  Daddy took off early to go with. To sum it up short - appointment was great!!  If we need anything we're supposed to call him.  Sax is gaining weight.  His bm's are getting back to normal.  He is still taking the Exlax and Miralax, but not every day now.  We're just doing it every other day.

We did a little shopping on Wednesday to get ready for Saxman's birthday party that we're having on July 10th.  His birthday is actually on the 8th, but the 10th is a Saturday.  We're having a Bikini Bottom Birthday, courtesy of Spongebob.  We got Spongebob invites, gift bags, hats, and a pinata.  We also  got a bag of candy and toys with a Spongebob theme to stuff the pinata with.  This should be fun!!  I'm going to make ice cream cone cupcakes since everyone seemed to like those last year!!

Last Saturday, the 19th, was our first night without both of the kids at home.  It was difficult for me, but night at the same time it was nice to have some "mommy and daddy time" without the kids.  They stayed at Auntie Lori's while we went to a wedding and a surprise birthday party.  I think Auntie was a little intimidated at first when we were explaining all of the medications to her.  But she did fine with them anyway!!  They're looking forward to the next time they get to stay with her!!  And they were happy to see us when they got home too!!

Well, that's all the updates we have for now!!  Hope to post again soon, but until then, Love and Prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment