This is Saxon, our energetic little man who was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis when he was a week old. We gathered together many friends and family members and created Strides for Sax. Our mission is to raise money and create awareness for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to find a cure for cf. This is all about Sax and our team's efforts for the cause. As of the creation of this blog, Saxon is 21 months old, has been hospitalized several times for pneumonia, and had undergone 3 surgeries since his first birthday.



Friday, June 25, 2010

Be At Peace & Breathe Easy, C-man

This battle with CF seems to be all encompassing.... there is never a part of the day that passes in which we aren't reminded of the battles we and our children face because of this horrible condition... or disease, which I try to refrain from calling it... which puts so much stress on us.  Not even a meal can pass without the reminder that it is always there... there is no escape... there is no cure... 

All we can do is pray...

Pray for a cure...

Pray for an answer on how to make everything better... pray... pray... pray...

As the mother of a CFer, I spend a lot of time doing just that. 

Praying. 

Hoping. 

Wishing. 

I pray today for another CF momma.

I have prayed since I learned of her little CFer's struggle.  It pains me to read what she has gone through.  It pains me to think of her little CFer losing his battle.  I prayed for his comfort.  I prayed for his strength.  I prayed for his recovery.  I prayed for his breath.  God works in mysterious ways and many of my prayers seemed to go unanswered for Sarah's little C-man.

Conner lost his battle with CF last night.

Now I pray for his peace.

I pray for his family to have the strength they are going to need to make it through the next battle as they lay him to rest. 

We know C-man is no longer in pain. 

We know he no longer struggles for each breath.

We know he no longer suffers.

He glides on the wings of angels. 

This post is in red intentionally.  Red was Conner's favorite color.  Although I never knew him personally, got to know his mother and about their family from their blog and facebook.  But Conner and his family have touched me more than I could ever try to explain.  They have touched my whole family...

Now I pray that if I ever cross that bridge, I have the support that Sarah and the Jones's have.  I pray I have the strength to make it through.  But most of all, I pray that is not a bridge I will ever have to cross.

Like Sarah, I have a 7 year old.  My world would not be complete without her.  I have my little man, who is my CFer.  I pray I never watch him struggle to breathe.  I pray I don't watch him suffer.  I pray a cure is found before it is too late for him.  It's already been too late for so many.... I couldn't imagine losing either of my babies.... No one should ever have to bury their child so young... No one should ever have to bury their child.

It's not fair.

Life is not fair.

Children deserve the chance to live their lives, not to have it revoked before they are given the chance to experience life.

This is my renewed commitment to fundraising. We are going to work harder to raise money for the CF Foundation.  There is a cure out there... waiting to be found... and we are going to help to find it.

The suffering has got to end.

My stomach is in my throat as I write this.  I can physically feel the pain in my own heart.  It tears me apart to just think of my own child going through the pain.  It makes my chest cramp and tears come to my eyes.

So please help us.  Help all of us.  Help us pray.....

No comments:

Post a Comment