Vicki called us with Sax's polyp and lavage culture results. We were hoping he wouldn't culture much, if anything, but we weren't that lucky.
They found a tiny bit of strep, which they aren't worried about, but he cultured staph again along with haemophilus influenzae. It seems like he cultures this more often than not when he has this throat cultures. Dr P decided to do a course of 2 weeks on amoxicillan 3x per day, and gave us a refill also. Sax is scheduled for a followup with Dr Cofer on Feb 3. We are supposed to ask her if we will need to go a 3rd week on the amoxicillan. Sax's eye has been gooping up a bit, but Vicki figured the same as I did - it's from his sinuses being clogged as they're healing, and the antibiotics should clear it up.
Sax seems to be feeling more like his old self. He was a little feverish the other day, but now seems to be better. We've discovered just how much he needs his naps though. It's hard to handle his tantrums on days he hasn't napped. :(