This is Saxon, our energetic little man who was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis when he was a week old. We gathered together many friends and family members and created Strides for Sax. Our mission is to raise money and create awareness for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to find a cure for cf. This is all about Sax and our team's efforts for the cause. As of the creation of this blog, Saxon is 21 months old, has been hospitalized several times for pneumonia, and had undergone 3 surgeries since his first birthday.



Friday, May 4, 2012

Waiting and waiting and waiting....

Dr P and Vicki decided at 11:30 we needed to change his dosage from 6 syringes given every 1/2 hour-hour we are going to give him 1 syringe every 10 minutes through his tube.  I went to get Vicki after Sax got his noon dose because when he looked at me as I was adding it, he looked like he was going to throw up on me :(  And he said his tummy hurts now.

We had picked up some lunch about 11 - he got a grilled cheese and bacon sandwich, fruit, and chips.  He's still eating good, and he did pee.  We're pumping him full of OJ and water too to keep him from getting dehydrated.

Vicki just came in after we had her paged.  Sax was complaining that his tummy was hurting.  We're going to give him a break for about a half an hour while the Golytely does it's job.


TMI Moment:

According to our nurse, the way that Golytely actually works is by breaking down all the stool that is packed in there and making it liquidy, which helps it come out easier.  Dr P said everything in there is really pebbly right now, which is why Sax is have wet gas and it is coming out about this color green.  Ewww!!!

As I was typing this entry, Sax started yelling "I got big news!!  I got big news!!"  Daddy asked what his big news is... "I'm going poopy in my diaper!"

I'll bet the nurses were laughing at the site of us - I jumped up and grabbed Sax's hand and took off running down the hallway.  Vicki had said that there was a bathroom at the end of the hall so we wouldn't have to go out to the main corridor.  I yelled "Vicki, where's that bathroom?!?!?"  She started running, with me and Sax running behind, and Scot bringing up the rear with the diaper bag to get the little man in there.

He didn't go once we got in there :(  But his tummy is starting to gurgle and make noise!!  That's a good sign that the medication is starting to work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment